Prizes & Awards
Prizes for the Australian STEM Video Game Challenge are proudly sponsored by our innovation partner, HP, and by our industry partner, PAX Australia.
Each member of the winning team, in each of our six categories, will receive:
- An invitation to attend the Australian STEM Video Game Challenge awards ceremony in Melbourne;
- A 3-day special guest pass to attend PAX Australia for themselves and an additional parent or guardian;
- An opportunity to showcase their game on the PAX Australia exhibition floor as part of the Australian STEM Video Game Challenge Display;
- An opportunity to receive feedback on their game from a panel of game development industry professionals;
- A cool piece of technology, generously provided by HP Australia, to help them continue on their game development journey!
In addition to the winners, at the discretion of our judges, up to three (3) honorable mentions may be awarded in each category, with the recipients of these awards receiving a special certificate of merit.
Each year, our awards ceremony is conducted as part of the program for PAX Australia – one of the southern hemisphere’s largest games and interactive entertainment exhibitions. The event takes place in Melbourne in either late October or early November, and provides our winners with a fantastic opportunity to showcase their games to the public.
One of the most important aspects of the Australian STEM Video Game Challenge is our approach to intellectual property rights. We believe that it is important that students are able to claim ownership over whatever they create.
The intellectual property rights for all games submitted for judging in the Australian STEM Video Game Challenge remain with the students themselves, and as such we do not make the winning games available for play or download on our website, except with the students’ permission.