Yes, we have rules. This is a competition after all!
Your Mentor has a big list of rules and you must not break any of them. We are not going to make you read all of them, but there are some you must be aware of:
- You must be enrolled in Year 4–12 in a school located in Australia or are home-schooled in Australia in 2023.
- Only the registered team members guided by their Mentor are allowed to work on the game.
- You are NOT allowed to alter your game or GDD in anyway after they are submitted for judging. (Yes, we do check! You will be disqualified if we find alterations to the code after submission.)
- You must give your signed permission slip from your parent/guardian, to your Mentor to look after for the duration of the competition.
- You can't be in more than one team. You can only be part of one team and enter one game per year.
- There will be no more than four (4) prizes available in any game category.
- While your game will always belong to you, by entering you give us (ACER and the STEM Video Game Challenge office) permission to use it, and show it to people especially if you win for twelve (12) months after submission.
Ask your Mentor if you have any questions about the rules, or are unsure of anything. If they are unsure they can always email the STEM Video Game Challenge office.